Friday, May 04, 2007

Unjaded

As a NESS liaison, I have been afforded opportunities to interact with the most enthusiastic members of our profession. The New Educators bring to the school a fresh, unjaded perspective and I have found my colleagues to be especially open-minded. When I consider the Instructional Coaches with whom I have worked this past year, I take comfort in knowing that the most energetic and seasoned professionals have volunteered to share what they have come to know as "trade secrets." Furthermore, I have become better acquainted with the special talents of some of our school's veteran teachers since they willingly give of their time to assist the newest members of our faculty. Finally, I have come to see the investment that our district has made in the success of all teachers--new and veteran--through this rigorous program. To serve as liaison has truly been a privilege and I hope that in time I will obtain more knowledge and more skill in working with some of the most important people on campus--the teachers.

Celeste F. Saulle, Rickards Middle School

No comments: