Planning with the New Educator can be held when there is no intention of following up with an observation. The sole purpose, in this instance, can be simply to plan a lesson, unit, or map out a semester or course. When planning with a New Educator before an observation it is important to ask the following questions.
- What are the students suppose to know and be able to do?
- How are the objectives related to the State Standards.
- How will student progress be measured?
- What will the New Educator do?
- What will the students do?
- How will the assessments be used to adjust the lesson or re-teach the lesson?
Contributed by: Dr. Doug Miller