Friday, May 04, 2007

Modeling

This year and every year that I have worked with new educators, I have found that modeling effective teaching techniques is the most rewarding experience for me. I use the research from FPMS to model every chance I get. From our first orientation session through each Support Meeting I find that the new educators are so eager to learn and are continually looking for tips to use in the classroom. That’s when I get to do my thing I try to point out that what I do with them can be used in the classroom. I demonstrate things like lining a class up, maintaining academic focus, and using high impact instructional techniques. I really love to see a new teacher use what I have modeled and of course I love to see each new teacher find success in his/her new career.

Jim Lindemann, Park Lakes Elementary

No comments: