Friday, May 04, 2007

A School Culture of Support

My greatest success this year as a new educator to the Broward County School system has been the change process I've encountered this school year. I had to adapt to many different regulations many of which applied in Dade County but are different here. This has been a learning process all over again. I also had to adapt to a team teaching setting and then redo a classroom from scratch after being completely set up and establishing a routine for my students. Despite all of these challenges I’ve had to face, it’s been a positive adjustment with plenty support not only from my Instructional Coach but also, from the entire school. Every person that I have asked for help has been very eager to do so and has treated me with respect, and friendliness. This has been an extraordinary change and I am very pleased to be part of this wonderful team.

Grimaldi Rivera, Stirling Elementary

No comments: