Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Done!

When working on the Induction Plan, is it possible to be done?

I was listening to a liaison explain how her school was “done” with their Induction Plan. The more I thought about the word- “done”, the more I realized I was not sure of the meaning. Could it be as simple as finishing all of the sections of the planning tool? My first reaction was to look at the Six Steps of Induction. Step 3 addresses writing the plan while Step 4 focuses on expanding the lines of ownership. By “done” was she implying that they are ready to monitor (Step 5) or just move on to Step 4? I know eventually in order for me to get clarity of the “done” comment I will need to speak to the Liaison.

I am continuing to wonder that if monitoring is not a stop and go activity, but an ongoing process, is there ever a “done”?

No comments: