Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Greatest Success

I think that my greatest success was taking a group of students that didn't necessarily get along well with each other and forming a classroom that learned to respect each other. When I first tried to have the students work in groups, they did not know how to work in a productive manner. There was conflict and they were unsuccessful at completing even simple tasks.

They now work very well with each other, after I have been consistent with rules and consequences. They clearly understand my expectations and we have talked about the need to be able to work with different types of people. They act as a team and help one another. We have reviewed the need to have good character traits such as respect, kindness, responsibility, self-control, tolerance and cooperation. They have come a long way and it makes me proud to see them take responsibility for their actions and their work.
Elizabeth, Hollywood Park Elementary

No comments: