Monday, August 20, 2007

Instructional Coach Professional Development (ICPD) Summer 2007

HRD Program Facilitators Joy Rabin and Amy Tsukuda designed the 2007 Summer Training for Instructional Coaches. These are some of the participants’ Tickets-out responses from the training and its activities.

• I am an experienced coach, however, I feel like I will be better able to meet the needs of my future New Educators.
• I feel much better prepared to coach a New Educator. This training helped clarify my role as an Instructional Coach.
• I learned a lot about the Continuous Improvement Plan.
• I got lots of resources. Last year the lack of resources was the biggest problem.
• I have sufficient tools and resources to support my New Educator using the CIP.
• I am concerned that Clinical Educator has changed significantly since I took it eight years ago.
• I will encourage other members of my school to take this workshop, not just to support the New Educator, but because as a teacher they will become more aware and effective in the school environment.
• Whether I’m selected to be an Instructional Coach or not I will help the New Educators at our school.
• Good job HRD and particularly Amy and Joy for developing a training that coaches can immediately apply to their work with New Educators.

Source: Dr. Doug Miller, HRD Program Facilitator

No comments: