Monday, April 09, 2007

Director’s Message

I remember an Area Director telling me that “if it’s planned well, it will go well”. She is right! Regardless if the situation is in your professional or personal life, planning is the key to success. My world maintains several planning modes. I use a palm pilot for my calendar which accounts for every appointment and task to keep me on track. Creating “to do” lists is a favorite activity and I seem to get much pleasure in checking an item as complete. When watching TV, I seem to view those shows that involve some sort of planning – either for a wedding, house project, or cooking a meal in 30 minutes. I recognize that I perform as a concrete sequential worker. Planning is a part of my life, and find it ironic that the following saying is posted next to my desk: “Nothing makes a person more productive than the last minute.” Either way, “if it’s planned well, it will go well.”

Source: Linda S. Whitehead
Director, Teacher Development/HRD

No comments: